Adventures of my life

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's a Sad, Sad Day.

Yesterday my sister-in-law called. We talk often so I thought nothing of it. Dan was talking with her and then hung up. This is unusual. Since we usually chat on the phone for a long time just to pass time. Anyhow, Dan hung up the phone and told me that Stayner church (our home church...at least until we moved...) we on fire. Now, Dan likes to pull my leg, so I immediately call Anne Marie back. She says it's true. The fire started sometime yesterday morning and continues to burn today. Because of the metal rough on the church the firemen can only hope to contain the fire, however, the church will be ruined. No one has been hurt physically. But emotionally it's a huge loss. The oldest part of the building was built in 1880, so it's been around awhile.

The congregation, although aren't sure where they will meet next sunday do have many options. And we know that God will bring good out of this. And they will rebuild.

It's more of the memories of events that happened at church that brings the feeling of loss. Our family has seen 3 weddings (not including those of friends), 4 baby dedications and countless showers. It was there Dan and I met. Where we were married.

The next days, weeks and months ahead will be difficult for the congregation. Knowing that friends and family are hurting so much makes me long to go home.

I hope to post about Christmas (which was really fun) in the next few days. But today, am just feeling a little too sad to accomplish that.

here's a link to the news cast about the church fire.

http://www.achannel.ca/home/news_38937.aspx

2 Comments:

  • Wow, Lisa..that is really sad...I'm sorry! I am really sentimental, so I can imagine how much of a loss this may seem like to you...and to so many others. So far, this new year seems to have had a crappy start for everyone...here's to hoping it gets better soon...

    By Blogger Mommy of Four, at 11:34 AM  

  • Lisa, I feel the loss too. I cried when Mom told me the church was on fire. And the memories it holds for you are so precious...I went to Awana there for years and that church and congregation are special to me too. I will be praying for you and them. Do you know where they might be meeting this Sunday yet?

    By Blogger Brenda, at 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home