Adventures of my life

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I QUIT!!!

I quit being a mom and a wife. Ok, well not really but I really. really want a break. We've been doing some light renos since moving in. My last project before the holidays was the livingroom. After three weeks (not a weekend like planned for) it is finally painted. I've hardly stepped foot in the living during this project. Dan has been in charge of getting things done while I take care of the girls. I could tell he was pretty tired last night but wanted to get the painting done so I told him I would clean the livingroom in the morning. It turns out that he hadn't bothered cleaning anything as he was working on the livingroom. Sure there was plastic down on the floor to protect them, but drywall dust had accumulated under it. He didn't bother covering up the piano (so I have no clue how it will ever get clean), and didn't do a good job covering the now-encrusted-with-drywall dust-couches. Now I love my husband, I love that he would work so hard to red0 the living room for me, I just wished he paid attention to the little details. I was so mad this morning while I trying to clean the mess --spent 2 1/2 hours and it's still disgusting--that if I had had the van I would've packed the girls up and gone to my cousin's house for the weekend, leaving a note for dan to call me when the mess has been cleaned up. I was just super annoyed (can you tell). There shouldn't have been any dust since I bought a special sponge-sander that if wet creates no dust....however he apparently opted not to wet it. GRRRR. I just had to vent. I was upstairs in tears because I couldn't get things cleaned and frustrated that it was preventable. I'm not sure this is the best forum to vent my anger but i think it worked...

So otherwise I haven't updated my blog in over two months...point form here's what's been going on....

1. We made the far move to Northern Ontario. I like my house...it will be better when it's up to my standards for decor (not some 80 yr old couple's standard)

2. Emmy had a hard time adjusting to the move, we experienced a ton of temper tantrums at first. Things are getting better with her, although we're still in the midst of the terrible twos.

3. Violet-Grace is growing. She's a much shorted baby than Emma-Rose was. She's such a joy. She pretty much sleeps through the night now, which is wonderful. (emmy didn't sleep through the night until she was almost 1 1/2). V-G rolled over last week. She loves rolling over. She's also a giggler. I LOVE hearing her giggle.

4. As soon as the living gets cleaned up, the Christmas decorations will go up. Hooray!

5. We've found a church. It's a small church plant...but very welcoming. I've even made friends! YEAH!

6. We bought the appliances that were in the house, since we thought it was the easiest thing to do. Our fridge died a couple of weeks ago and we had to replace it and seeing as we were replacing the fridge we figured it would be a good time to replace the stove since you could only use one burner at a time, with a wooden spoon or else you'd get shocked (and pretty badly too). Now we have nice white appliances as opposed to gross almond-brown ones.

7. I discovered a no-bake toblerone cheesecake recipe. That's definitely a highlight. Yummy!

8. As recommended by Kayla I bought the book The velveteen mommy. I'm halfway through....it's so good!

9. I really wanted to make it to 10, but I need to get some lunch before the violet decides she wants lunch. That and I have nothing else to say.

9 Comments:

  • Sorry about the mess:) I can certainly understand!

    Glad you got the book! Don't you love it?!

    By Blogger Mommy of Four, at 3:12 PM  

  • Sending much empathy your way.... I completely understand!

    By Blogger Jule Ann, at 8:38 PM  

  • I SO missed you!!! Sorry to hear about the frustrations...if it is any comfort your man is normal..well as normal as they can be! Hee!Hee! Word of caution...be careful vacuuming drywall dust. It killed my vacuum cleaner..ahem..we were away and the men working on the bathroom thought it would be fine to use. WRONG! It completely ruined my filter. Hence, a new vacuum. I'm so glad you posted I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. By the way..I'm having a cookie exchange party on Monday night..wanna come? Ah shucks you live too far away!!!! Keep us posted. I will be praying for Emmy's continued adjustment (and yours) in your new place!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 PM  

  • Hey Lisa,

    Hang in there, girlfriend - don't give up, look up :-)

    Glad you like the book!

    I graduated from Trinity Western University in 1992, so I can take my shoes off at the front door with the best of 'em.

    Bless ya,
    Jenn Doucette
    http://jenndoucette.blog-city.com/

    By Blogger Jenn Doucette, at 2:56 AM  

  • Kayla-- I absolutely LOVE the book, the next baby shower I go to, I'm giving this book (who needs baby clothes anyhow?)

    Jule Ann-- I'm glad others understand. I was talking to Angela the other day and she was saying that OJ pretty much the same way.

    Melinda-- You're not the first to say my man is normal...which is very comforting. I did use our vaccuum cleaner, since it's got a hepa filter which can apparently handle the dust. I so want to come to the cookie exchange. What's a 30 hour drive for a cookie exchange? :)

    Jenn-- You're right I looked up and things got better. Thanks! Do I know you? Your name sounds so familiar.

    By Blogger lisa b, at 10:49 AM  

  • Hey Lisa,

    I'm the author of Velveteen Mommy, so maybe that's how you know me.

    :-)

    Jenn
    (my maiden name was Jenn Egge and I've lived in the Pacific Northwest my whole life - does that help?)

    By Blogger Jenn Doucette, at 3:21 PM  

  • Jenn-- now that you mention it...that's where I know your name from...wow I'm really suffering from the mum-dumbs...by the way I'm about 1/2 way through your book...I've needed a good reality read, it's always nice to know you're not alone. I"m so glad (and thankful) that you wrote it.

    By Blogger lisa b, at 7:14 PM  

  • mmmmm you should post your no bake toblerone cheesecake recipe! Sounds yummy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 AM  

  • annonymous...under my links click on My recipe box...I'll post the recipe there.enjoy

    By Blogger lisa b, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home