Adventures of my life

Friday, August 11, 2006

Life on the Crazy Side

It's been pretty busy around the Brander household. Dan's sister and family were around for the weekend so all siblings gathered at his parents house. It was a fun time, but 4 kids can get pretty noisy.

On Wednesday, Emmy and I went with Dan to Peterborough for a teaching interview. We would love to hear some good news from them. We are both pretty excited about the posibility of moving there and the dissapointment will be huge if the job goes to someone else.

I'm trying to get Emmy's scrapbook caught up before the new baby gets here...I'm almost done her first year (which was pretty thorough) and year two will hopefully get done too.

In the midst of everything else, I found out that a c-section will be in order for me. I was dissapointed, since I wanted a natural delivery but my new doctor went over the details of Emmy's birth with me--details I had no clue about and decided a c-section was the safest option. Besides, at this point, with just over two until baby's arrival, he or she is breeched. With finding that out, and knowing the we will likely be moving at the end of september, I've been on a mad craze to get the house packed up, leaving out only the absolute essentials.

Anyhow, both Dan and Emmy are having a nap so I'm going to sit back, have some ice cream and enjoy the few moments of peace and quiet, before going back to reality.

3 Comments:

  • I hope and pray you find out about a job soon. It would be nice to be settling in somewhere before Sept.
    I will let Roni know that you are willing to chat via email with that teacher friend of hers who got first job. Makes sense for you to chat with her since you have been there and done that.
    Love to you.

    By Blogger Brenda, at 9:13 PM  

  • What happened with Emma-Rose's birth? Do they have a date scheduled for your C-section? Keep us posted!

    By Blogger Mommy of Four, at 10:23 PM  

  • Bren-- Thanks! love to you too!

    Kayla-- after over 16 hours of labour (labour that had to be induced with pitosic, because my water broke and my body forgot about the contraction part of labour) the doctor decided that there was no way Emma-Rose would be born vaginally. What I didn't know until a few weeks ago (from my new doctor) was that, there was no way I would've delivered anyhow since she never dropped, and my pelvis is not formed right to deliver, that and Emma-Rose had a huge head. The doctor's office is trying to schedule a date with the local hospital, they're hoping for the 29th. I will keep you posted!

    By Blogger lisa b, at 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home