Adventures of my life

Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Conversation with Emmy

This morning, as usual we are running late for church. All that's left to do is brush emmy's hair, which is not a fun task. We're in the bathroom and I barely have the brush touching her hair and she's already crying, I start brushing her hair and she becomes hysterical. Of course, being late, I'm low on patience and tell her that if she doesn't let me brush her hair I'm going to cut it off...she says no maman don't do that....we continue further into the process of hair brushing...and I threaten again that if she doesn't stop squirming I'm going to cut her hair...she says fine go get the scissors...ugh! what a morning (and no I didn't go get the scissors...cutting her hair is clearly an empty threat)

3 Comments:

  • Ahh, empty threats. :) All the experts agree that they are a bad parenting technique, however, I don't know anyone who doesn't use them.

    By Blogger Kelly, at 8:03 AM  

  • WE all do from time to time, just like our parents did with us! Heehee. :)

    By Blogger Brenda, at 2:30 PM  

  • hey sweetie, you need to update and let us know how you and your fam are doing! :)

    By Blogger Brenda, at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home