Adventures of my life

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

So it's been a while......a point form update (in no particular order)


1. Emma-Rose's 2nd birthday has come and gone--what a busy time! She was soooo excited for her birthday and now that it's passed she goes around saying not my birthday anymore

2. I'm into my twentieth week of pregnancy--hooray, half way there--and I"m finally getting excited, since I'm feeling this baby move, it makes the mornings spent in the bathroom seem a little more worthwhile

3. Have an ultrasound scheduled for the 7th of May, trying to decide if I want to find out the sex of the baby...any opinions on this?

4. Going to buy a recliner tonight, my feet and ankles have already started to swell, so Dan is spoiling me and getting a recliner (they're on sale this week at the sears outlet for dirt cheap--or else I don't think this would be happening)

5. All three of us are fighting a miserable cold...for me it wouldn't be so miserable if I could take something....anything other than extra liquids--cause that's what every expectant mother wants more of liquids...cause I don't pee enough as it is

6. I got to hang out with my brother and his girlfriend on the weekend, that was fun, we rarely get to see them since they're usually pretty busy and don't live nearby.

7. I went to a P & G sale this weekend, dragged dan out of bed early so we could drive to the edge of toronto and stand in line an hour before the warehouse sale began. It was worth it, had we arrived any later we would have waited several hours. We waited an hour (in beautiful weather)--last year when I went I waited 4 .5 hours in rain, snow and sleet (that wasn't going to happen ever again). Why wait so long or go early? P & G are the makers of Pampers, and always have them at their sales, however, if you don't go the first day, they run out of sizes. Anyhow, all is good, I have enough diapers to get me through potty training emma-rose and enough diapers for the new baby (atleast until the next p & g sale).

8. The Easter service at church was awesome, a group of people presented a dramatic reading, very moving.

9. As previously mentioned we are hopefully going to find a recliner tonight, to do that we need to drive to brampton (.5 hour away) where my parents live. My mom emailed and asked if we wanted to come for a bbq and leave emmy with her and dad while we went shopping, very nice.
I'm especially excited cause my mom is making chicken ceasar salad, which is something I'm craving right now...yummy

10. I wanted to have 10 points of updates, but as you can tell from #9 I'm starting to grasp at straws as to what to say....Oh I just thought of something...we have a girl's name, but can't even think up a boy's name that we like...any suggestions? The only guideline is no name ending in "er" cause then the first name would rhyme with the last name and that's too Dr. Seussish for me

11 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Melinda, at 11:14 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Melinda, at 11:14 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Melinda, at 11:14 AM  

  • Yay you posted! Quick question...a long time ago I got a cinnamon bun recipe from you well maybe it was sticky buns..it was the BEST recipe and I can't find it since we moved. Do you know what one I'm talking about????

    By Blogger Melinda, at 11:14 AM  

  • I got zealous and posted too many times....can you tell I really want the recipe? heeheehee

    By Blogger Melinda, at 11:18 AM  

  • You don't know me, saw you on Matthew's site (I'm a former BBC-er), but I just had my second baby two weeks ago, and had horrible colds with both pregnancies...you can take Pseudophed (2 capsules every 4 hours) and Robitussin, and Benadryl as well. They are all listed as safe to take on my medications sheet my OB's office gives me with each pregnancy. Good luck with yours...

    PS you should find out the gender...it's cheaper that way (because people will buy you gender-appropriate outfits as gifts:)

    By Blogger Mommy of Four, at 3:02 PM  

  • I'm glad you found me! Of course I remember you. I've enjoyed catching up a bit by reading your blog.

    Personally, I don't want to know the gender, at least of my first baby. There's just something about hearing the doctor say, "It's a boy/girl!" I like surprises.

    Also, I think it's actually cheaper if you don't tell people the gender. I've been to showers where people know the gender, and they often buy gender-specific clothes, because who can resist that cute little pink dress when you know it's going to be a girl? And as cute as that dress might be, what I really need are diapers and a crib and a car seat and all those practical things that people tend to buy when they don't know the gender. Besides, non-gender-specific baby things make better hand-me-downs. The more green and yellow and orange things I have, the more of them I can reuse for a second child who happens to be the other gender.

    Just my two cents worth, which appears to have gone on into at least a dime. Sorry about that - it's just something a friend asked me a while back, and I spent a lot of time thinking about!

    By Blogger Jule Ann, at 11:40 AM  

  • Okay, I chose to know that Asa was a boy because I couldn't stand it. I felt it helped me bond with him in a different way but that is just me. I also like to sneak a peek at Christmas presents before the big day if that lets you know how crazy I am. I don't know if you would want to take name advice from me especially if you don't care for Asa's name. It has had to grow on many people but no one says much. I watched a movie last night and the little girl's name was Eliza. I thought that was cute. Or you could go celebrity like and pick Apple (no pun intended!), Suri, Moses...anything goes. I'll keep you updated if I hear any other names I like.

    By Blogger Melinda, at 7:39 PM  

  • Oh sorry I thought you were looking for a girl's name! Oops! I'll keep thinking!

    By Blogger Melinda, at 7:43 PM  

  • Melinda-- Hope you got the recipe, I'm pretty sure I emailed it to you...yes I'm looking for boy names suggestions, got a good girl's one already. I think I'm more like you--peeking at presents before Christmas and the whatnot, so I'll probably find out...

    Jadon and Amberly's mommy....you know what I actually think I know you (if you're originally from Michigan--I think--I met you at camp when I was at BBC and you were there as a camper) If I'm right I think I was your counselor that week.

    Jule Ann-- thanks for sharing your thoughts about finding out the sex of the baby. And I totally felt that way with our first. I needed the more practical stuff (that and this baby was the first grandchild for my grandparents and I was sure my mom would more than overdo herself shopping for clothes once the baby was here). So now we're about to have baby number 2 and we have everything practical already (including diapers--cause I go to the pampers warehouse sale twice a year and stock up for cheap), if it's a girl--i don't want anyone buying anything cause we don't need it (easier said than done) but if it's a boy we need everything in the manner of clothes, since emma-rose was a first and a girl all her clothes and sleepers and well everything is girly, hardly anything reusable for a boy. But I totally agree with you with the first baby in not finding out.

    By Blogger lisa b, at 8:22 AM  

  • I think I do remember you! You have black hair, right? How have you been? Congrats on your new life!!!!

    By Blogger Mommy of Four, at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home