Adventures of my life

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Suffering the Mum-dumbs

Short post because I'm frustrated and hungry. I'm hungry because it's lunch time, frustrated because I just burnt my lunch to a stinky crisp...and still hungry. I'm finally starting to feel a little better and feeling motivated enough to set foot in the kitchen...a big struggle for me in the first trimester....silly me got side-tracked reading other blogs, forgot that I was making lunch and burned it...it's more than mum-dumbs, I think I'd call it the pregnancy-stupids. Hopefully things start looking up into my second trimester...or else I may altogether starve. (Not really, cause I can make toast and dan is an adequate supper maker).

2 Comments:

  • The thing I miss the most from before I had kids? The smartness. The dumbness is permanent, and gets worse with each sequential pregnancy. I can't even finish a complete sentence now without stopping to figure out what the heck I was talking about. I think sleep deprivation has something to do with it, too...

    By Blogger Kelly, at 4:41 PM  

  • I totally agree with Kelly. I have sentence problems too. Funny thing is that I was listening to a conversation the other day between my hubby and a couple of other people and they were talking about something that I had no clue about. Normally I would have had an something to say or some knowledge of the subject...nope. All I was thinking the whole time was whoa I need to read books to help my brain function. "I like to curl up in a ball" and the many other kids books aren't going to cut it for higher brain function (even if they are fun)! Yeah...I'm sure the dumbness is permanent.

    By Blogger Melinda, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home